- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- ACUTE GLOMERULONEPHRITIS (AGN)
- Pocket Atlas of Human Anatomy 4thEd Wolfgang Dauberc, HeinzFeneisc, Based on the International Nomenclature
- Essential Sun Safety Information for Skiers & Snowboarders – SkinCancer.org
- ‘Bubblegram’ imaging: Novel approach to view inner workings of viruses
- Tiny amounts of alcohol dramatically extend a worm’s life, but why?
- Revisiting the ‘Pillars of Creation’
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: Biochemistry
A thirty-year-old woman presented with progressive shortness of breath. She denied the use cigarettes. A family history revealed that her sister had suffered from unexplained lung disease. What etiology most likely explains this patient’s pulmonary symptoms? Alpha1-antitrypsin (AAT) deficiency This … Continue reading
In the hyperilipidemias, the blood levels of cholesterol or triacylglycerols, or both, are elevated resulting from overproduction of lipoproteins or defects in various stages of their degradation. In familial hypercholesterolemia, cellular receptor for LDL are defective. Therefore, LDL cannot be … Continue reading